Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bang For You Buck Series - ~*Homemade Chinese Takeout*~ YUM!

Bang For You Buck!

Illness brought me to a financial hardship that I had never faced before.  Having no income at this time, I have learned so many things but will stick to how I've learned to cook to make food stretch as much and as long as I can.  I've been blessed with friends donating food to me, which is a total blessing and every other week, I go to Food Share, which entails standing in line for different food items.  Since this is a tough time for everyone, I thought this may help others also.

 - ~*Homemade Chinese Takeout*~ 

Items given to me by a friends.  I found 4 boneless chicken thighs in the fridge ;)
Very Grateful!

  • Sweet and Sour Marinade
  • 1 3/4 package of frozen Stir-Fry Veggies (the 1/4, I refroze for a later time)
  • 1 Box Chicken Rice
  • 1 Package of Teriyaki Noodles
  • 4 Cloves of Garlic Sliced
  • Olive Oil
  • I added sauteed Green Beans (recipe in earlier blog)








Marinade Chicken over night in a plastic bag.
Prepare Rice and Teriyaki Noodles as directed on box/package.
In a large skillet, drizzle olive oil in pan, added garlic and saute' add in green beans, frozen veggies and chicken. Add in additional marinade to taste.

Cook until chicken is done.  

Serve over rice, noodles as a side dish.
YUM!!


Meal #2
Using the left over Chicken and Veggies and serve over Egg Noodles.

Use for extra veggies

Since I did not use the entire bag of frozen vegetables, I re-froze 1/4 so I can use at a later time ;)

ENJOY!!




No comments:

Post a Comment