Friday, February 1, 2013

The Carrie Diaries - A Nice Surprise !


The Carrie Diaries
A Nice Surprise!

I read the book, not too impressed, actually sold it on Amazon.com then bought it again b/c I liked the cover and I wanted it for my Sex and the City Collection.

As a die-hard Sex and the City fan, my first reaction was NOOOOOO!!! This is just a money maker, leave it alone, blah, blah, blah, even in my Sex and the City group on Facebook, I vowed to protest it.
Then it came, the promo ads, the final episode of Gossip Girl, I was hungry, hungry for the City, hungry for Fashion and hungry for Carrie Bradshaw.
I watched the first episode and yes I was hooked.  I want that bag!!!  The only foo-pah and it still doesn't sit well with me was the change of the parental dynamics.  In the episode, "A Vogue Idea", I have no idea why they changed the story line.  The quote from the SATC episode was - 

Carrie: Hey, you think it could really be as simple as my father walked out, therefore I'll always be messed up about men? 
Miranda: My father came home every night at seven on the dot and I have no clue about men either.

This conversation was the answer as to why Carrie had an issue in male relationships.  This is my only complaint.  Other than that I think it's fabulous!  AnnaSophia Robb does and excellent, I actually think an outstanding performance as our beloved Carrie Bradshaw.  And the fashion!! Love it all! I love the music, since I was a teenager in the 80's, I love that too! And of course, Manhattan.  

So if you had doubts, no worries.  It's Candace Bushnell who knows CB better than us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment