
I haven't blogged in so long and I have really needed to but there are somethings that I have gone through this month that are just too personal to post. I wish that I could, because writing is so healing for me but sometimes things are better left unsaid and/or shared in person with someone that you can confide in.
I'm doing ok, better than I was. I have been going through alot surrounding loss....loss of my mother (the biggest), loss of friendships, loss of my old life (which is a healthy thing but still a loss), loss of my entire being as it was. I have however gained much insight and strength through all that I have gone through this year.
I have made a commitment to myself to re-invent myself yet again, with a much needed overhaul.
- One thing is my health and fitness. I am trapped in a size 14 body that is naturally a size 6. I gained an enormous amount of weight when my Mom was ill and became an emotional eater a g a i n. This has happened to me three times in my life during very traumatic times and have lost the weight. So far I have lost 15 of the 70lbs that I have gained but have a long way to go and with the holidays here it has proven difficult to "be good". I can do it, I know that I can. I figure if I add exercise into the mix, the weight will come off faster but also will help with the stress and anxiety that I feel that leads me to eating.
- Number two on my list is to continue to build on my spiritual self. I continue to evolve spiritually but want to delve even further into it with Reiki and Yoga. And continue to grieve the loss of my mother in a healthy way and realize that she is still with me and always will be as I keep her alive by emulating the qualities in her that I loved the most.
- Third is to increase my strength as a woman. I have always prided myself as being a strong, independent woman but I still get hurt too easily and it's exhausting. I need to depend more on myself than others.
So sorry for your loss, grieving certainly takes its toll, I wish I didn't know but I do. Losing the weight? Tell me about it, we are heading to the tropics early next month and I'm still carting around about 20 lbs more than I'd hoped I would be so you're not alone on that one. You seem to have a good outlook, I hope you feel supported here in the blogging community, we are all here for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks and yes I do. Our mutual friend Connie turned me onto it here and I love it!! I wish that I could write more on here but with the holidays things have been a bit crazy.
ReplyDeleteThanks gf xo
Aww Girlfriend, didnt even know you were going thru all this, So sorry i am a chitty friend :( hey you have my cell right ? you can call me or text me whenever you need to !! So sorry that the Holidays are so hard for you with out your mom, you are always in my thoughts and i always talk about you to kam, And after the new year i am so getting off mt FA!! and loosing some weight !! so we can exchange weight loss recipe's :) and i am so glad you are blogging :) You are a great writer and you always touch my heart, luv you GF !!!!
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the weight loss. I have been doing Jazzercise for a little over a year now and LOVE it. Women of all shapes & sizes (and ages), NO MIRRORS, and it's about $40/month.
ReplyDeleteHang in there!
I wish you all the success in the world on your quest. These sound like great goals and you so deserve some good in your life!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ladies!! Didn't see the comments :( For some reason they were going into my "spam" folder on yahoo. Hopefully I fixed it :)
ReplyDeleteStopping by from SITS & wandering around your blog...this post struck a cord with me. Hello from another sz 14 chick who is naturally an 8. It's not easy, especially when the pounds come from emotions - but we are women, hear us roar..lol..and all that jazz, we can do this! Nice visiting. :)
ReplyDelete