Sunday, August 1, 2010

45 for my 45




I am turning 45 years old in a week and my goal is to lose 45lbs this year for my 45th birthday gift to me.
As all of you know that have read my blogs or know me personally, know my struggles with food.  It all came to a head last week with some stress that I was going through and reached a bottom with my addiction to food.  
I have been struggling with my weight on and off throughout my life. As I have posted before, in times of extreme stress in my life, I turn to food for comfort and become an emotional binge eater. I eat myself into misery, this time I gained 70lbs when my Mom was in the dieing process. It's a bit better than the 100lbs that I gained after my first divorce but if I keep up the way that I have been going, I'd be 220lbs again before I know it. After my last love affair with food was over, I committed myself to a low carb diet. I lost the 100lbs and kept it off for 5 years so I know that I can do it, it was just a matter of reaching my bottom with food as in any other addiction. I am done with it.  
I have a great gym at home but it is a dust collector for me. Jerry uses it everyday but I am lazy and need a kick start.  I joined a gym last week and I can honesty say that I love it (shocker to me lol)  It is a great place and there are no excuses b/c this gym is literally 2 minutes from my house. The membership fee is only 20 bucks a month.  They have so much to offer one of which is training classes.  I have been working out everyday and feel great about it.  Tomorrow is my first "Bootcamp fitness training class" this will prove to be interesting.  And I have a cardio class on Wed.  I know it is going to take time and that is the tough part about not giving up.
Instead of a low carb diet, the trainer at the gym suggested a diet of fruits and veggies, not eating after 8PM and portion control so I am going that route this time.  I did however relapse last night and ate pizza and PB & J at midnight :( oh well, start again to day.  But this is the shit stuff that I have to stop doing.  

Starting Weight in October 2009 - 190lbs


7/24/10 - 174 lbs
Goal Weight- 130lbs
40 lbs to Lose

This is what I really look like ;) and will get there this year :)








No comments:

Post a Comment