Sunday, August 8, 2010

Caribbean Chicken Wraps & Caribbean Cole Slaw

This is my gf Tracey's recipe that she shared with me.  She loves to cook as much as I do, and when I mentioned the party, she thought these two dishes would be a great idea. I did add my own touches to the coleslaw and it was delish!


Let me tell you this...I found Wraps a bitch tough to make.  It took several attempts before I rolled them right without them ripping or busting open! The trick was not to fill them too full ;)


Caribbean Chicken Wraps
You can use any wraps that you like, I used Sun Dried Tomato and Garlic Herb Wraps.  Also for the spreads I served on the side.


Ingredients
  • Wraps
  • 8 Chicken Breast, marinaded, grilled and chopped
  • World Classic Jerk Sauce Marinade
  • Lettuce
  • Tomatoes
  • Spreads of your choice..Horse Radish, Garlic Herb Mayo and Guacamole 
Marinade chicken for 2-3 hours in the Jerk Sauce.  Grill Chicken and cool.  Chop chicken into small pieces.  Add lettuce, tomato and chick.  Roll wrap, then slice in two.

Caribbean Coleslaw
  • Two bags of coleslaw mix
  • 2 Cans of Pineapple Chunks
  • 1 Bag of Shredded Coconut
  • 4 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
In a large bowl add coleslaw mix, pineapple chunks with a small amount of the juice, 3/4 of the bag of coconut and mayonnaise.  Blend.  Top off the coleslaw with the remaining coconut...wahhh laaa!
ENJOY!!






No comments:

Post a Comment