Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Summer Recipe!

When my friends and I went camping last weekend at a wonderful resort here in CT, we stumbled upon a great little farmer's market on the grounds.  Loving hot and spicy food, I picked up a marinade called, Hoboken Eddie's, Mean Green Marinade - described as Smokey roasted jalepeƱo and lime juice combined with southwestern spices.  It has a nice bite but not too hot.


I found the web site online and can't wait to try the other flavors.  
http://www.hobokeneddies.com/page.asp?ID=5


I marinaded chicken strips for 8 hours and then grilled it and it was so delicious!    I served the spicy grilled chicken with a summer favorite of ours, grilled veggies and rice.


Ingredients

  • 8 Boneless Chicken Strips - I used Tyson Frozen Strips
  • Hoboken Eddie's Mean Green Marinade 
  • Fresh Veggies - I used Asparagus, Chopped Zucchini & Red Onion
  • 4 Cloves of Garlic
  • 1 Tsp. Fresh Oregano
  • 1 Tsp. Fresh 
  • Olive oil
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Rice of your choice - I used Lipton's Chicken and Broccoli Rice Mix
Directions
Place uncooked chicken strips in plastic baggie, add marinade (eye balled - enough to cover the chicken completely).  Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.  In aluminum foil add fresh veggies and whole cloves of garlic.  Add herbs. Drizzle with olive oil.  Cover the veggie mixture with aluminum foil.  Place veggies on grill for 15 minutes before you place the chicken on grill.  Place chicken on grill.  Grill chicken for 20 minutes while continuing to grill the veggies.  Cook rice as directed.  After the veggies are grilled, sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Serve!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment