Sunday, October 18, 2009

Funny Halloween Story.....

Halloween

I had always love Halloween and always got dressed up and gone out to parties until my Dad passed away on Halloween 2002. It took me three years until I could even think about partying it up that day. As with everything, I had to come to an acceptance and realize that my father would not want me sitting around crying and moping around. So my first Halloween back in action, I dressed up as Johnny Depp's character, Captain Jack Sparrow. It all came about while driving with an old friend of mine while I was on the phone with my bff. I penciled in a mustache and beard and my gf Jen said,"OMFG YOU LOOK JUST LIKE JOHNNY DEPP!!" I took a pic and sent it to Tracey and we were all hysterical about it so that's where that idea stemmed from.
Well I have been dressing up like him on Halloween ever since, have won costume contests and this is the best part - the responses that I get.....from WOMEN LOL!! I wore my costume to work one day a few years back and I had woman all over me. Every time that I went out for a smoke, I had a trail of woman behind me and others following me up to get a glimpse of me in my office. Didn't they know there was a woman underneath that pirate gear lol? They honestly kept saying, "OMG you are so fing hot, sexy, etc". I had to keep telling them that I was a woman under the costume and some even said, "I don't care!" As I walked the streets of Manhattan, I was turning heads...yes of woman. So, I guess this is a good costume and yes, I am going to be him again this year. I have printed pics of him to get the make up and look just right and do have to get to the store for some more gear this year.
Jerry and I are invited to a mega Halloween bash at a friend of ours. I wanted Jerry to dress up as one of the other Pirates of the Caribbean characters but he is opting for a cowboy (how boring lol ) Our friend and his wife apparently go all out and it should be a blast! Can't wait and will take alot of pics for sure :D


No comments:

Post a Comment