Saturday, February 27, 2010

Finding My Way In The Country....


It has been one hell of a winter week here in the Northeast! Good thing about it is that CT pretty much missed most of the heavy show *phew* I am not a big "snow person" any always wondered wth that I live in this area of the country. Anywho....
Last week, Jerry and I finally ventured out of our cave and had a blast!! I am starting to make friends here which is quite an accomplishment in this area. We really don't have neighbors so I am meeting them through my husband's friends and really made a great connection with one of the women. I love his friends they are as wild as my NYC friends but with much less alcohol lol! I am a very social person and living here has been quite different socially. I went out close to every night of the week whether it be meeting my bffs after work for a drink or dinner, crazy nights of dancing, business dinner meetings, art shows, events or just walking around the city. Well life here is much more low key but Jerry and I are finding our "nitch" here. We had a great time last weekend shopping and going out to lunch and dinner. This weekend and I can't believe I am saying this we are going to a Pancake Breakfast with our new group of friends. This sounds so country and well, hell, I guess it is ;) I am looking forward to it but don't you think I will get funny looks wearing 3 inch heels there lol! Thank God for my Uggs, the only winter flats that I own :O
sjp4-2.jpg picture by heartsnxj
After breakfast, Jerry is going to continue to work on putting up our gym. I estimated it would take a week and falling right on target. The thing is a bitch to put together. I am going to Target returning a ton of impulse online buys and shop for more shiat that I don't need!
Saturday night we are going to cook dinner. We both love to cook and find it relaxing and fun to do together. Then we need to find a good movie!
Isn't life in suburbia grand :D
satccarrieandmrbig.jpg picture by heartsnxj

No comments:

Post a Comment