Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Little Bit More About Me


I moved back to CT to take care of my Mom who was dieing of cancer back in 2008. I had thought that it would be a temporary move but it turned out that I am back to my home state for the long run. After reconciling with my husband and realizing that living in NYC isn't healthy for me at this point in my life, I decided to settle down here. I had bought my beautiful home here back in 2002 when my Dad was diagnosed with cancer so we could live here comfortably vs his and my small apartments. After he passed away, I decided to keep the house for tax purposes. I love my house, it is absolutely gorgeous! Jerry and have built ourselves a beautiful home.
Things have been rough for us going on two weeks. It is too personal to post here, plus it wouldn't be right putting his "shit" out here. All I can say is that I was seriously thinking of divorcing him but realized how much that I do love him and that working through this rough time is a better option than me running way, my M.O. for years was running away from problems. We sat down with a game plan, are talking the issue through and hopefully he will agree to marriage counseling, so far a no go, but I think as things continue to cool down, he will re-consider his stance on this. So far so good. We have had a wonderful weekend together re-sparking our love for each other. We have such a great time together and I think we lost sight of this or at least I did in the day in and day out routine of my life.
Living in this area can be rough especially in the winter. There isn't much to do at all here the rest of the year never mind the winter. I am used to the fast paced environment of the city and living in the country has been a huge adjustment for me and not always such a pleasant one. My heart often aches to be in NYC but it's just not an option for me right now emotionally, mentally or spiritually. I am working past this so that I can be at peace and be happy with my life.
Living in the woods, there is nothing around - no stores, no descent restaurants, nada. The only place worth going to is Dunkin Donuts and I am a Starbucks fan not a DD fan but the nearest Starbucks is 20 minutes away (not convienant for a quick cup of coffee). Sooo what do "Connecticutites" (is that a word lol) do during these times???? S H O P!! We had a two day shopping extravaganza and had a blast doing so! I am going to post in my next blog our buys :) We also went to an absolute wonderful Mexican Restaurant called Plaza Azteca!! This was yet another treat. I got spoiled in Manhattan not only with all the action around me but with the fabulous restaurants, in my opinion the best in the world! The food at Plaza Azteca had to be the best Mexican food that I have had in the states! The portions were huge, the waiters fantastic and the price was so reasonable. If you have one in your area, I highly suggest trying it out. Even the website is festive :D
Azteca01-660x296.jpg picture by heartsnxj
I wish these wonderful moments could last forever!



2 comments:

  1. So glad you and Jerry are working through your "stuff" sometimes marriage is so much work (lol) ya know what i mean and you know whats good for you ! NYC will always be there for you when your ready to tackle it !! Luv ya GF and your mixpod has some really geat music loving me some Elton !! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Connie and yes, marriage can be alot of work for sure!

    ReplyDelete