Sunday, February 21, 2010

Jerry and My Shopping Spree!!


Although money has been tight and I have been working alot of overtime to re-coop, Jerry and I say "F" it this weekend and went on a shopping spree and had a blast doing so!! Well, hell, who doesn't love spending $?? Of course Target was on the list, one of my all time favorite stores. We just bought the usual household things there and a gift for our grandson's first birthday. Then we were off and running. In our quest of working on our marriage, we had talked about buying a home gym so we could work out together - great for my weight loss goal and great for his MS and his idle time while I'm at work. Jerry decided on a Weider system because of the great reviews he has seen on them and plus his best friend has one and loves it. Well, we went to four different stores and they were sold out (apparently he isn't the only one that thinks this gym is great). The sales people all referred us to go online to purchase one. When we got home we combed the net for the gym, finding the best deal at Sears. And I have to say what a deal we found!!
We wanted to stay in the $200 - $300 price range but wanted a great system. We found it at Sears. The original price for the Weider Weight System, Pro 4300 was $499.99 on sale for $399.99, they gave us $50.00 off for ordering online with in-store pick-up and a $50.00 mail in rebate to boot! So we got a 500 dollar gym for under 300 bucks - STOKED!! Jerry will have alot of fun trying to put this thing together NOT lol!! The directions say it takes 7-8 hours to assemble so I betcha in real life it will be double that :-B
00614622000.jpg picture by heartsnxj
We picked it up today, then went on to our next buy for me :)

I have been wanting a new desk and office area. From NYC -> CT, I have always had the same set up. The desk is falling apart from years of wear and tear and the move sure didn't help. I have always had it set up like a teenagers bedroom or dorm room lol!! Tons of pics and tons of my Sex and The City Collection. This is what it has looked like for years....
IMG_1285.jpg picture by heartsnxj
See what I mean lol!! I took everything off of it today before I got a shot of what it looks like today. This was when I lived in NYC and it looked about the same here but w/less clutter. Shit MF Shit I am pissed that I didn't think of taking a before pic! (Built my own little SATC area in my room since I have the space for it here) Just took this down and put a dresser there. Going to revamp my SATC area to my office area w/my pics of my family and friends too w/less clutter.
satc.jpg picture by heartsnxj

Found my new desk at K-Mart and yes another bargain. The desk was $179.99 marked down to $149.99 and it's real wood vs the plywood model that most desks are made of today.
021W4456559700011.jpg picture by heartsnxj
I'm taking a decorating tip my gf Connie gave me and buying a nice white mirror to hang above it. Something like this one that I posted.
I can't wait to see it all up!!


4 comments:

  1. How fun arent shopping sprees great and lunch to boot that's great Jerry ran around with you ! And you got some really fun stuff a new desk ! It's so pretty cant wait to see it all done !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a full weekend. I love a good deal. That desk is super cute...and I want one of those gym thingies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K Mart? For real? That desk is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Poor Jerry has spent 4 hours so far on the gym and not halfway done yet :O

    ReplyDelete