Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Set It And Forget It"

I never would have thought to purchase this item,The "Ronco Showtime Rotisserie". My Dad who like me, loved to cook, owned it and I of course inherited it after he passed away. I had this item in storage since 2002 and never thought about using it until last year, I have to tell you, I am happy that I did. I have made roasts, prime rib, baked chicken, roasted veggies in it and they come out perfect!! The meats are so juicy and tender. What I also love about it, if you are not roasting your vegetables you can steam them on top of the rotisserie. I was just watching the video on the link below and would really like to try grilled shrimp and ribs!
The rotisserie comes with a great book with easy to follow cooking instructions. Divided into types of meats, veggies, fish, etc with cooking times from rare (bloody just how I like it) to well done. It has a timer so it's very easy to use and cook with. Just set the time for the amount of time that the instruction manual tells you.
I am cooking a small roast today 2lbs which states medium rare is 19 min/pound. So in 40 minutes you have a great tasty meal. I am using the steamer basket for spinach and zucchini today vs. roasting the veggies. Place a small amount of water in the pans and add whatever veggies you like.
IMG_3151.jpg picture by heartsnxj
IMG_3154.jpg picture by heartsnxj

Check out the websites, it is worth the investment!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I always saw those commercials and wondered about how it worked in real life. It looks great and so easy (right up my alley)! What about cleaning it after?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning is a bit of a pain in the arse I have to admit! But other than that it's great :)

    ReplyDelete