Haven't been blogging lately. Why? Well there has been so much stress in my life surrounding my current career. This is weighing heavy on my mind these days. So I have been spending more time with my husband and friends, reconnecting with some great old ones and practicing my spiritual meditations, readings and lots of baths and planning trips and parties with my husband. This is all helping me cope with absolutely hating my job. With the job market the way it is, I don't have much choice at this time and remind myself everyday to be grateful that I have one, but have to admit it's tough to keep that attitude. I have been applying vigorously for positions for a month now but I haven't even received one phone call. It gets a bit discouraging but I do believe in my heart that there is something out there for me. About a month ago, I met with a spiritual advisor and told her of my anguish with work. She said to me that I am meant to help mass amounts of people and have to say that this has been happening but also have to say it is very stressful and weighs heavy on my mind, heart and soul. This is not what I want to be doing.
I had the same career for many years and left that field about 2 years ago now and looking back, wonder if it was a mistake. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I really didn't have a choice. But I LOVED what I did. I love to work at my own pace, set up my own assignments and be my own boss. I hate working with others that don't do their jobs and it falls on the people who do. I am the latter of the two. I don't understand that kind of work ethic. I have stopped questioning it and decided to take one problem or task at a time to get through my night and to do a good job for the residents and the company.
Over the weekend, a friend of mine came in from NY and had an interesting proposal for me. To work in the law field using my medical knowledge. A position as a Legal Nurse Consultant. It is something that I would love to do! However commuting in and out of the city would be alot to take on. Being married to a man vs a job was one of the many reasons that I left my career and haven't pursued re-entering that realm. I am not obsessing over it and it is not consuming me (something a year or two ago, I wouldn't be able to let go) I am letting the chips fall where they may so to speak, letting go and see if this is where my journey is going to take me next. Working on myself with two spiritual advisers, reading spiritual books, prayer and meditation will lead me to the path for me. I believe this to be true in my heart, it is the way that things have always worked for me when I am spiritually fit. So I am sitting back, and letting my spirit take me there.

I hope that things do fall in line for you and that you find a job that will fulfill you!
ReplyDelete