Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Winter Treat For Us!

It's called 40 degree temperature and melted snow so I can get to my deck to grill! It doesn't happen often in the northeast so we are loving the temperature today :) I am getting sick of the stews, soups and heavier winter meals so we decided to cook on the grill tonight. Well, one problem, when Jerry went out to grill the food, he discovered we were out of gas! Booo!! But maybe not....we have a George Foreman grill! I received it for a gift years ago and never used it before. Digging through my garage, I was able to find it.
I have to say, that the steak and veggies came out perfect! We will definitely be using this devise again :)
One thing that I love about the low carb diet that I am on is that I can eat a large quantity of food and not worry about the calories, just the carb count. I am still maintaining 20 grams of carbs a day and have lost 10 lbs in two weeks and the food that I am cooking tastes great!!

On the menu tonight
  • Grilled steak wrapped in bacon and topped with Gorgonzola Cheese
  • Onion and Mushroom Marinade
  • Mozzarella and Tomato Salad With Balsamic Vinegar
  • Grilled Peppers and Zucchini
Grill your steak and veggies as you like. Wrapping the steak in bacon before cooking and once done, top with gorgonzola cheese.

Onion and Mushroom Marinade
  • 1 lb of Baby Portabella Mushrooms
  • 1 Small Red Onion
  • 4 Cloves Of Garlic
  • 1 Teaspoon of Fresh Basil
  • 1/4 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar
  • Olive Oil
In a medium frying pan over medium/high heat, line pan with olive oil. Add garlic and basil. Saute' for a few minutes (don't let garlic brown). Add mushrooms and onions, continue to saute'. Add vinegar and cook until tender. You can serve as a side dish or pour over steak.

Mozzarella and Tomato Salad With Balsamic Vinegar
  • Fresh Mozzarella
  • Sliced Tomatoes
  • Lettuce
  • Balsamic Vinegar
Place lettuce of your choice on plate. Slice mozzarella and tomatoes - add to bed of lettuce. Top with balsamic vinegar.

ENJOY!

6 comments:

  1. omg, that couldn't look tastier! I've tried to make bacon wrapped burgers three times in the last couple of months and none of those three times was I able to get the bacon to cook! Dang it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say the bacon isn't as crispy as I would like it but love the flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! What time's dinner! I am SO there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! What a great meal! Your steak looks perfect and I love that salad! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Menu girl and your steaks look great and tasty ! Can you please send me one !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dinner sounds divine! I LOVE mozza and tomatoe salads!!!

    ReplyDelete