Sunday, November 1, 2009

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Lover's Dream


I am still learning how to bake, I am a cook, not a baker and I am really thinking that I am not liking it too much lol!! I can't seem to make my cakes look purty! I have trouble with the frosting and don't have the patience for it. At least this week's cake looks a bit better than last weeks :) I got this idea from bakerella.com and made it a bit different.



Ingredients
Package of your favorite Chocolate Cake Mix. I used Dunkin Hines Dark Chocolate.
I folded in Milk Chocolate Chips into batter.
Bake as instructed on box.

I did however make my own frosting and used melted peanut butter for the center of the cake.

Frosting
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup of melted peanut butter

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
Melt peanut butter in pan or in microwave for about 1 minute. Spread frosting in the center of the cake, top with the peanut butter spread. Add peanut butter cups to top of cake.




ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. That looks GOOD! Thanks for coming by my place and following...I will be doing the same. I have always wanted to live in NYC and so, I will have to live vicariously through you!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly! And it is a great place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good !! and one of my favorite candys "Reese's" & Chocolate i dont now long that would last in my house.yummy

    ReplyDelete