Sunday, November 1, 2009

Venison Stew


Venison Stew

Never in my life did I ever think I'd be cooking something like this!

My husband's friend gave us some Venison meat last week. This is one of my husband's favorite dishes, something that I never dreamed I'd ever be cooking. I wasn't sure if I was even going to like it and I have to say, it was delicious! I have heard that any wild game meat can taste, "gamey" with a strong flavor. But the secret is in the marinade I find with most meats. Here is my recipe.

Ingredients

2lbs of Venison - chopped into small pieces
Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
1 Can of Campbell's French Onion Soup
48 oz Can of College Inn Beef Broth
2 Carrots
2 Cans of Potatoes
1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
2 Cans of Green Beans
1 Small Can of Mushrooms

Marinade Venison in onion soup, cover with garlic powder for 1 hour. In a large skillet cover with olive oil add Marinaded meat and brown.


Add all above ingredients to large sauce pan and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours. For a thicker stew, make a roux, I opted for more of a soup today.



ENJOY!! It really was yummy :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey GF !! your stew looks great and tasty but i still think of Bambi !! (LOL) but thats pretty cool you mad it for the hubby :0 so another thing is that i have 2 awards for you over at my blog so check them out when you can !! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had venison in a while. Your stew looks terrific! Thanks for sharing your recipe! :D

    ReplyDelete