
I am getting ready for Thanksgiving as most us Americans are. This Thanksgiving will be so different than Thanksgiving's past. First off, my Mom passed away this past June and I have been dreading the holiday season without her. I have given this alot of thought and realized that she is still with me and she would not want me to be mourning her but celebrating her life. I am grateful to be able to see it this way now. I am not fooling myself because I know it will still be tough because I miss her so much and we have spent every holiday together since I was born. On the other side of this is also the fact that Jerry and I haven't spent the holidays together in quite a while so this will be the year of the start of new traditions for us. We are having a huge feast (both Jerry and I love to cook) and invited my brother and sister in-law over who also have no parents. We always have a great time together and felt this would be good for all of us and I am looking forward to it. Lots of food, poker and football, sounds like a great day to me!
~Menu~
We are having quite a feast on Thanksgiving even though there is only going to be four of us. We just went out and bought our 20lb turkey and everything to go with it.
- Turkey
- Stuffing
- Mashed Potatoes and My Grandma's secret gravy recipe ;)
- Sweet Potatoes
- Cranberry Sauce
- Corn
- Greenbean Casserole
- Carrots
- Lasagna
- Sausage and Peppers
- Assorted Breads
- Pumpkin Pie (my first attempt at making this :O)
- Apple Pie
Looks like a great day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment